Sunday, March 1, 2020

RADICAL SINGER LACKS RESPECT? GUESS WHO



A folk singer told my two young women companions: stay here and listen to my concert. Let her (me) leave. 

What do you make out of that statement? Is that not a case of an inhuman statement?

is that not a case of being anti-elderly?

Is that what fame does to a folk singer? Wow! He has become arrogant; I wonder if he truly thinks that his charms are irresistible.

He said that because I was asking if we could enter for free. And he  had thought I am too rich and could pay P200 x 3 or P600 easily for entrance. Then I told him next time, give me 20% senior discount. That's when he said the above statement. 

Unfortunately, he did not see me as a writer who could write about his perf. But I did not want to use that as a bargaining point in order not to make me indebted to write a "praise release" about him. 

If he did not want me to enter for free, he should just have said, "I'm sorry," but he had to be insolent to me I wonder how he treats his partner. 

This guy is known as a radical member but what is radicalism to his mind? It seems lacking in humanity. 

Apparently he measures his fame by the wealth he gathers from his perfs which is rather a very shallow standard. I think that he is soiling the image of the venue known to be a haven for advance-thinking cultural singers. 

Time to re-educate the activists who started in the 80's. 

Now I see that singing folk songs is not a path to a good education about humane societies. 

By the way, as I was leaving, I heard him singing a pop tune. Ugh. 

No comments: