Tuesday, January 22, 2019

LUDY RESURRECCION SENT IN NURSES DUTIFUL ACTS

What Nurses Want

Nurses

As busy nurses, we know what exactly we want. This will feature areas in our life that we can learn from, either as a light informational reading or as a practical guide in our daily lives and activities.
THE SHIFT
  Being a nurse is already special in itself, but the nursing profession is making it the best of the professions because of the so many specializations it has, thus making a nurse practically impossible to be unemployed. RN gives the nurse not only the license but the capacity to become one practitioner of its multiple areas of skills & competences in related fields.
 
I have been a bedside, critical nurse for over thirty years and aware that I will never be always strong to carry on with the stress and physical demands of this specialty. For several years, I have been preparing for the greatest shift that I have to do at this stage. First, I took my masters degree specializing in education. Today, after setting the Virtual Nursing office that I have been dreaming of for eight years, I am ready to make that shift from the hospital setting to the community.
 
This Shifting doesn't make me less of a nurse, but rather am continuing a specialty as a community health advocate to prevent the state of critical illness that an individual may end up with if not prevented. Whether I am in the bedside taking care of critically ill patients or in the community advocating for health, I am still a nurse. I can relate to both areas because caring is their common factor.
 
I am shifting now. I hope that you too will take this long term planning because we will always be nurses in everything we do. I made my choice, what about you?


Myrna D. Santos, MSN, RN

No comments: