Saturday, September 23, 2017

SKYROCKETING PRICES




One day I had two hundred pesos (which occurs most often as sometimes I would spend for arts and crafts without thinking how much I had left for tomorrow.)

From the house, I spent for my fare, 27 pesos, 20 to go to the corner of Aurora where I could get a ride to, and 7 up to the mall itself. Lunchtime, I bought a pizza pie worth 79 pesos (with 20% senior citizen deductions already). I had already spent P106 so I could not afford to spend more for food. I went there to buy coffee for the week. It turned out it costs P57, so +106, that is equal to P163. I had to go home right away, and spent another 27 again; so +163, that is equal to 190.00. I only have ten pesos left. That is only for a ride to a nearby place and I would not be able to come back anymore.

Do you see, Folks, how expensive it is to live in MetroManila? Whereas look at the signs inside establishments: permits and licenses with the pictures of local officials, healthy, but mostly fat, obese, and looking so contented with their lot.

This problem of skyrocketing prices of basic commodities, goods and services has been going on for years and still no abatement.

Prayers, prayers, prayers. God, please give us sensitive officials.




No comments: