Wednesday, September 6, 2017

POLITICS IS NOT FOR THE SOFT-HEARTED FOR SCALAWAGS, ETC.

Aung San Suu Kyi
I am bothered by what is happening to Aung San Suu Kyi of Myanmar. She is being accused of being indifferent to the plight of Rohingya, a minority group in her country, and siding with the military in its persecution. Someone is asking for her Nobel Peace Prize to be withdrawn. 

This is the height of political developments when we assert that democratic practices should prevail, the destruction of a reputation, the obliteration of one's political history, and the fall of a possible world leader. I hope that she recovers and makes the necessary amends. 

I think that Aung San Suu Kyi never explicitly verbalised her embrace of feminism, which should prod her to have sisterhood with the women of the minority group at least. Let us see how this scenario develops. 

*****

Ronald dela Rosa 073116 (cropped).jpgGeneral Ronald de la Rosa is too soft for the rotten apples in his organization, the Philippine National Police. This organization needs a leader who knows when to be tough and when to be soft, tough to scalawags and soft to the victims of violations of rules of engagement. I would suggest that he take a vacation and return when he knows whose side he should be on. 


*****

A cartoon illustration of a hummingbird looking drunkTwo weeks ago, I ate balut at Bagtikan where I take meditation classes. A day after I felt slightly feverish. But then nothing bad really happened. Today, I am eating bits of chicken, not the fried ones, just chicken sandwich. I am also afraid of flying feverish. 


*****
Why did Kita Kita amass a good sum at the tills? I think thatFile:Kita Kita poster.jpg  the guy's character named Tonyo was partly feminine, partly masculine. You did not feel the difference between him and Lea, the blind girl. There was no harsh debates between them as is wont to many a love story. It was a smooth relationship all throughout, no competition between the sexes. In fact, Tonyo appeared so eager to please Lea, to the point of forgetting his own welfare, and so he died accidentally while crossing the street to give her the teddy bear. 

I think the Philippine movies sector should get the message from the audience, that we don't want macho-acting and macho-looking "bidas" anymore. Very tiring. 


*****

I must say that the American people are a patient lot. Imagine seeing this fake president day in and day out on tv, and in the papers? When we had our own, I really felt my stomach churning everyday, and I hope it never happens to us again. 

Image result for russian women clip artOnce the final judgment is made, I think that Russia should be made to pay all the peoples of the world for messing up our democratic processes all in the name of political domination. We cannot afford to have Putin and his likes appear in our midst at all. He brings up nightmares of Nazi-like politics, this time, KGB-style. By now, the Russian women should have risen in defense of the right of women to live in a world that is manipulation-free, politically, especially during elections. By the way, is there a women's movement there at all?  

No comments: