Tuesday, June 9, 2020

WHY? 1





Folks, we are in a very critical situation now in the world. Things happening in the Philippines are minuscule compared to those in other countries. But big steps are now being made to address the situation. World leaders are sensitive to the protests of their constituents and media are more penetrating of events and issues. 

In our country, we are still being very wary of textually critiquing simply because the backlash from the government authorities  is harsh. I speak from experience as I have been writing since 1982 during martial law in the country. 

I lost my son in 2014 three months after I complained about harassment at Napolcom against Alan Purisima and the PNP in general. Maybe they had thought that I would be weakened by his loss. On the contrary I felt more invigorated. 

But one thing I noticed, the PNP intel group responds to textual criticisms more harshly than when we present issues graphically. 

No comments: