Friday, June 5, 2020

WANTED: CHEAP MASS TRANSPORT




I used to be able to move about in MetroManila very fast. I could finish three tasks in a day, going to Kamias to my printer riding the jeep from Araneta Avenue and taking Proj 2-3. Sometimes I even lift my fingers -- two and then three to make the drivers understand that I am eager to get the ride; and then to UP to get to the internet color printing. I take Lagro from  Kamias and then get off at City Hall to ride the UP jeep, and then from UP to EDSA to buy my naturopathic medicines at Healing Galing by Dr. E. 

I could also go towards Divisoria to visit Dr. Hao my dentist, and then to National Bookstore at Robinsons Magnolia since it takes only one ride from Recto to Aurora Boulevard. From  there, I would take the Divisoria jeep and get off at Araneta Ave to ride a tricycle to reach my home.

So you see, Folks how important it is for me to see the return of our beautiful historical jeepneys restored from being a vehicle of death to a vehicle for life (thanks, Kidlat Tahimik) on the roads of MetroManila?

Last week, I had to take a taxi to go to a bank to find out my balance as I have been expecting help from some musical quarters, only to be disappointed as the bank had closed. And so I returned to my home spending P180.00. Now, how much taxi fares shall I have to spend to go around? No, Folks, I am not that rich to be spending for cab fares. 

I wait and wait endlessly for a more benevolent treatment of the masses who cannot afford taxis. IATF please release the permit. Uphold the right to mass transport, please. 


No comments: