Saturday, June 15, 2019

WHY III

I don't feel different from you at all. My mother has 1/4 Chinese blood; her family name is Sioson. And according to our History mentor, Dr. Serafin Quiason, Sioson is originally SIO only and SON was just added to make it sound Filipino. Our grandfather Pastor was half Chinese.

And I could feel the Chinese blood in my mother, as she had exhibited great working spirit, not readily found in Filipino folks, you know. She would wake up early, pray, and work herself to the bone in order to feed first five children by her first husband and then with the sixth child  by her second husband as well as send them to school.

She was very good in numbers too as most Chinese are.

Her skin  was also fair, like the yellow race.

By they way again, I always buy beads from Pinpin, a Chinese woman who hails from Xiamen.  And I make the beads into balls for giveaways to friends who have touched my heart. I give them away because the materials are very expensive and I cannot price them good enough to recover their costs and my labour. I hope you could tell your manifacturers of the beads to lower the price of the beads.

Pinpin gives me a delicious cup of jelly everytime I buy beads from her. She talks sparingly but I understand her and she understands me. That is all that matters.

And so we are all here in this world because of destiny I think - you up there in PRC, and us down here in the Philippines.

Your symbol of power and strength is the dragon. Don't you think it is time for you and your people to tame the dragon and make it a friend not a conqueror?

But geography should not divide us. We are here to all live in peace and harmony. You have achieved development and economic equality with men in your country.

Now, ask and let the men exercise peaceeful co-existence with our country. I think it is time for us to realize the themes we had in 1995 -and make them operational finally. Your military men should lessen their warrior streak and learn to live as humans. Their appreciation of your culture - beautiful dances, meditative music, watercolor paintings, and many more could be their stepping stones to learning how to be refined, sensitive to colors, textures, shapes and lines - how to feel for the next human being beside them.

Rationality only is not enough in this world; emotionality is as highly important. When we say that life has yang (masculine) and yin (feminine) aspects, we mean they are balanced, not one towering over the other. We Filipinos and Filipinas are highly emotional which many other races have termed as a sign of weakness. But that is what makes us feel for other living beings. We also think of how our acts will affect other people, especially Mother Nature.

We could go on and on talking about this but our exchanges will never end. And I hope you would never stop reading my thoughts also.

I would appreciate receiving a reply from you.




No comments: