Sunday, June 9, 2019

RESPECT DOWN TO THE LAST COINS

"...And say, when I am picking the coins for my paying the tricycle driver my fare, I wish the coins could be distinguished easily and I don't have to look for a lit area (in case it is nighttime) in order to be able to see if it is a five peso or a ten new coin. You see Folks, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas has a designer who is desensitized to the needs of the Filipino people. It has produced five and ten pesos coins with very similar looks. Hence, you really have to squint your eyes to detect the difference between the two. You cannot automatically pick one and say that is a five- or ten-peso coin...."
The is a part of an article I wrote in 2018. Folks, I am starting a petition  to remove five-peso and one-peso coins from circulation because they are causing confusion due to their similar sizes. 

I will also include for dropping from circulation fifty peso bills bcause its color at night resembles that of the P20 peso bill and the one-thousand peso bill because its color is difficult to distinguish from the 100 peso bill. 

I would like to request all banks, pawnshops, and all finance dealers to start their own similar acts in order to make the Bangko Sentral sensitive to the plight of the people. Also the supermalls with cash registers I hope would support this. 

I once rode a cab one evening. In my desire to get out right away, I mistook a P1,000 peso bill for P100. The driver was thanking me profusely and Imcould not understand why when I had paid him less the 20% discount for seniors. Only upon my arrival at home did I find I had lost a P1000 paper bill. 
It's time for us to rise up and point to the BSP officials they cannot be playing tricks on the people anymore. Governance is treating the people with respect down to the last centavo coins.






No comments: