Monday, February 9, 2015

LIVE!

                    
Listening to soldiers talk about their war is a very enlightening one. It shows us how they are so brave as to face every minute of the experience without regard for their lives. It is as if dying is just really a part of their work. This was how I viewed the Senate hearing on the Mamasapano massacre which happened today. 

I cannot imagine mytself in a battlefield at all facing a bunch of hotheads as the BIFF and the MILF, although the representative of the latter looked very respectable. But as the memories linger of how the 44 special police officers were butchered, I cannot help but turn away from the thought of serving as a SAF (Special Action Force) member. No, I am not cut out for actual wars. In fact, when Honasan and his party were conducting a coup against Cory in 1989, I was holed up in my room for three days just listening to the radio how the assaults were occurring and I could even hear the bullets being fired. After three days, I was ready to throw up. I felt very agitated and had wanted to get out, to breathe fresh air and wished very hard that the coup would end right away. 

I am so glad that Ebet my half-sister gave me a discount ticket to go to LA then -- where I met with my cousin Honesto V. and his wife. It was a breather and so I half-forgot the horrible experience by going to and watching Disneyland. Yes, fantasyland versus coups. 

Going back to the Senate hearing, I can deduce that the deaths of the 44 SAF members could have been prevented or reduced in number, had the AFP flown airplanes to scare away the rebel forces. The reason of the general not to send because of the peace talks currently going on makes me think that he has watched and played too many counterstrikes. It is easy to be desensitized by those games so that the deaths of the 44 did not produce any sense of urgency in him to help them live. LIVE!

No comments: