Friday, July 4, 2014

BARYA-BARYA LANG

by Wilhelmina S. Orozco
 
The manager of McDonald's at Philcoa repeated what I said, "centavos" when I said that I would like my change down to the last centavo. Her smile belied her future moves -- she gave  4 pieces of me 25 cents, as if to tell me, "mahilig ka pala sa barya, heto ang barya."

Is this the way to treat a customer who expects honesty from their customers? I even told her, yours is an American company and therefore I would expect you to be more meticulous about change, no matter how small. 

In fact it was an American and a German guys who told me "that the Filipino cashiers do not give exact change."

Is this a custom among fastfood eateries, not to give your change, even if it is already P.86 centavos, almost P1.00.

Alas and alack, if the manager does not care, why should the cashiers? Maybe the DTI should step in and emphasize that the country should be peopled by business managers who stick by the rules of trade. 

Calling, calling Customer Relations and Human Relations Departments to straighten out truncated methods in selling. |

No comments: