Monday, June 7, 2010

MY PLEA TO ALL

MY POSTING WOULD BE VERY SHORT AS THE INTERNET SHOP WILL CLOSE SOON.

FOLKS, I have had to contend with some people whose motivations for maligning are truly evil. Despite their being so-called religious, I am wondering where they get their arsenal to wreak havoc on other people just so they can maintain their positions.

The least I want is conflict. In fact I run away as fast as I can from them. But it seems there is a battalion of people out to demoralize me, to destroy my reputation as an activist, to put me down and make me less effective in communicating with all of you. I hope that you would not believe them that easily and would seek out my opinion/s on all of them before believing a single word.

I started as an anti-dictatorship activist, graduated to being a feminist activist and then reverted to being pro-democracy in our country. It is difficult to be purely pro-women when we can see that even the men, especially from the urban poor have a lot of obstacles to hurdle, not just economic.

Frankly speaking, I could almost cry when I saw an urban poor leader reading my booklet, a primer on Political Science. The booklet sought to give them a macro perspective in looking at politics in our country. Even his wife asked me to give them a copy the other Sunday showing how much they hanker for higher knowledge that would make them understand the political goings-on. For many a decade now, they have just been following wealthy officials who come to them to seek votes. And there I was giving them educational materials, penniless as I was but with a lot to share with them in terms of understanding Philippine politics.

And so despite all those darts that are being thrown my way, I cannot be waylaid anymore from what I have been doing all this time. I shall continue writing -- books and producing puppetshows containing themes that affect as a people, politically, economically, socially and culturally.

MY PLEA TO EVERYONE: Please help me overcome all those people. And
my God spare me from encountering those with evil intentions to stop me from what I am doing.

No comments: