Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DYING ERA?

FOLKS, I WROTE THIS EARLIER IN MY EMAIL BUT NOW I COULD PASTE IT HERE. FINALLY MY IDEAS ARE IN PRINT.



I can't blog. The cursor disappeared when I wrote the title: "Dying
Era." What is it about death that makes people afraid of confronting it?
Last night, I took a picture of myself with closed eyes with my
celphone, and then edited it, circling my face with flowers. Did it
look like I was thinking of my deathlike existence? Not really. I
entitled it "Om Shanti," meaning " Peace be with you." It's the mantra
of people who go into deep meditation - Yoga, Brahma Kuhmaris, and a
group with Art in its name, among others.

Well, it feels like a matter of life and death thinking and imagining
that we shall have a new set of officials already by June 30, but I
can't help thinking of dire scenarios that could still happen between
now and then. This admin I have not really learned to trust very much
whenever it issues a statement. Everything is suspect -- especially
when it praises itself.

Thus, i am afraid of P-Noy riding with that FP in the car on the way
to the inaugural site. I have jitters thinking how the transition
teams are meeting. Does P.Noy's team have enough arsenal to counter
any voodoo or witchcraft that could be thrown at them? Funny but I
don't even have fears about P.Noy's smoking at all but rather the
political mishaps that could happen to him. BTW, I will have something
to say about that stick after 100 days. Right now, we should allow him
to smoke at will.

Most of all, I think we should rather be bothered by that disease-
BUREAUCRATISM - which I have always written about. We do not deserve a
bureaucratised government that will serve the people's needs. Rather
we need one that is task-oriented. Here are examples of how to make
the services unbureaucratic.

1. For one, tax forms should include payments to Pag-ibig, or GSIS or
SSS by the employers. In this way, it would be easy to check which
ones are paying on time, and those who don't at all. The receipt
numbers they give could readily be checked in those agencies.

2. School enrolment requirements should be lax. Many pParents just
pack up and leave one place with their children in tow without
thinking of the latter's displacement. I know a number of children who
cannot enrol because their parents could not produce their birth or
baptismal certificates. So I have met children, aged 8, and 11 who
just stay at home helping their parents eke out a living.

3. Floods should be the problem of everyone, not only the MMDA.
Barangays should be asked to help in cleaning up the esteros,
unclogging the creeks and watching over them to insure the smooth flow
of water. I have seen MMDA equipment day and night in the creek near
our home but I have seen it in operation once or twice, not all day. I
still am wondering why. When you ask the workers, they would always
have an alibi. And so year in and year out, we experience the floods.

I think that the barangay should be given the power to check how much
the MMDA is spending for flood control and to share powers in checking
the problem.

4. All officials, or their offices should uniform numbers that can be
called right away when there is a problem. So far, the only offices
that are efficient are the Senate and the House of Representathieves.
I could easily call up and get connected to this and that official's
phone.

But try calling your local government. It is pure agony.

5. The police should not be allowed to use private security guards at
companies, and offices, even malls, to harass those who are critical
of the administration. It so happens that during the time of Erap,
Panfilo lacson and his PAOCTF bought modern equipment for surveillance
and I think that included being able to track down critics. Hence, I
have been an object of tracing. A military soldier had told me that
they tried getting control of our subdivision where I live but the
police refused.

I wonder why.

Folks more next time. Wilhelmina THIRDFORCE-PRG,blogspot

No comments: