Monday, May 17, 2010

FEEDBACK MAY 12 , 10

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Writing in the Age of Transitions":

On the hindsight, you belong to a thousand Pinoy writers I have read trying to say the same thing about a repressive Philippine government. Most often trying to demonized GMA in everything negative that is happening in the Philippines. Yet until now still able to do whatever they want and freely write their stuffs. I think the Philippine government is not repressive but too lenient in tolerating protest. Look at how anyone can easily assemble themselves on the streets to do protest. Its demo-crazy at its best.

I've been living in the UK for almost a decade now, but if one is writing stuff against their government like this, expect to have some sort of a backlash using anti-terrorism laws. Now that we have a new Philippine president installed, trust me it will all still be the same skepticism and carping all around. I rest my case.

No comments: