Wednesday, December 25, 2019

WHEN "ANGELS" SING ON CHRISTMAS DAY




Folks, Merry Christmas!
Did you know that there is a group of men who control the sounds here at Bahay Caridad compound, Bayani Street, Barangay Donya Imelda, Quezon City? Every time someone they know celebrates a birthday, there they go singing some in tune but most of the time one or two dominates the mike and sings offkey. Not only that, they sing anti-women songs, like that Tagalog song that talks about the sufferings of a househusband, and other songs that would really make women feel bad.

I have tried calling the attention of authorities here but they are able to go on and on with their freaky behavior. Worse, they penetrate my residence once I voice out my disgruntlement over their burdensome ways. In these past two months, I have lost a celfone and a ring, the first I complained to the authorities, the Galas Police Station. But nothing happened. All the police did, Officer Budomo,  was smile and laugh at my complaint. Now he is even scarce. I went to Camp Karingal and complained about the loss but even Officer Zaldariaga is missing now. These people are always out when I complain. Camp Karingal is under Gen. Esquivel, the last time I heard. So if you know these people, Folks, please tell them to return my celfone.

Can you imagine spending your Christmas with such sounds? It is past three in the morning and they just keep on and on. I reported the rowdy boys to 911, and it looks like someone had come to tell them off.

The Christmas spirit has been lost in our country. Instead of celebrating quietly and appreciating the sacrifices of Christ to propagate his highly humane teachings we are led to believe that we must tolerate every behavior, regardless if they exhibit anti-women stance. 

So,  Philippine Commission on Women, what are your accomplishments this year? Why is the above still happening? What areas of Philippine life have you penetrated to make men respect women? 

Let us be bold in our steps in raising the value of Filipino womanhood in this country. Machismo, catering to the macho image of men is bringing down our efforts in propagating equality in our country. 





No comments: