Tuesday, November 12, 2019

FAULTY ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE

I have always valued swimming for all kids to learn. It is a good defense against being left alone in the high seas or the swimming pool.

Once I nearly drowned at the UP swimming pool way back in the sixties when I was enrolled in the class. The swimmer next to me didn't notice my gasping for breath as I bobbed up and down the waters. Then I felt a strong hand bring me up. It was the lifeguard.

Now I am wondering why the cadet at the Philippine Military Academy should die at all. Was there not a life guard there who should be watching all swimmers and checking the attendance of everyone? At UP everyone has to sign up to use the pool. Is that not a protocol at the Academy?

I think this fatal incident is a case of pure and simple negligence and nothing more.

Another question, as a friend of Cadet Dormitorio who died in the hazing incident, the cadet could be a target for being a possible witness as to how the former was handled during the initiation.

So many questions to answer, so many denials and diversionary tactics. We must exact the highest discipline from people who are and who will be bred to be our supposed security protectors.

No comments: