Sunday, October 8, 2017

BLOGGING AND FALSE DATA

Image result for CRUMPLED PAPER PAINTINGSince 2008, I have been filling up the pages of my blogwith analyses, critiques, and simply impressions of what are going on in our society and sometimes in my personal life. 

I didn't know that it would become a national issue at all until this time, when a government official had made mistakes in data and posted them in her blog. 

The blog is a writing space and anyone can use it supposed to be. And anyone can even hack it -- right now my screen is being censored. Someone just erased what I have written a while ago, and I am now rewriting, trying to recall the lines before.

But allow me to say that when civilians use the blog, the contents there are their own look out. They must be responsible for whatever they would write there-- negative or positive and must be ready to receive criticisms, or the brickbats shall we say. 

I was a victim once of an irresponsible email writer but because of her age, I passed it off as a menopausal caused act. 

But in my blogs, I am sure some people could have felt alluded to by my criticisms and must have tried getting back at me. Well, the only ones I know who have been successful in CENSORING me and in getting back are the intel batches of General Bato de la Rosa. They do that all the time. 

Let me just say something about blogging:the government officials who misuse the blog to advance their personal interests or commit factual mistakes deserve to be penalized -- their salaries delayed or suspended. They should not use their blogs to hit at critics of the government using false data. Otherwise, they are no different from the Hitlerite propaganda machineries during WWII and the Marcos regime in the Philippines. 


Crumpled Paper Paintings by Vesna Bursich


No comments: