Thursday, August 10, 2017

ON IMPROVING TRAIN EXPERIENCE

Taking the PNR train is a breeze if you want to reach Makati right away from Manila. The ride is quick, only twenty minutes except that if there is no space then you have to be standing all the way and gazing outside the window to remove the humdrum.
Free to Use & Public Domain Train Clip Art - Page 2Free Clip Art Trains - ClipArt BestBlue Train Clip Art at Clker.com - vector clip art online, royalty ...

Well, I noticeD a bit of disturbing things while riding:

1. The coach for women, pwds, and seniors are located beside the engine room. Can you imagine the noise of a huge engine that could be vintage American period yet? It's terrible. I cupped my ears all the way because I am afraid of losing my sense of hearing, although that could be a wonderful experience. By the way, a Cafe has PWDs, deaf and mute serving us and it is always a great unique experience dealing with them.

2.   The coach is sometimes invaded by men who don't look unabled, or disabled. They are seated while pregnant women are left standing up. The guard is not always there to coax the men to give up their seats. 

3. The driver erratically announces the arrival at stations. So if you don't look out then you could miss getting off your stoop. 

4. The signs at the stations is so "tipid": only one sign for the name of the station. Can you imagine when the train whizzes past it that you don't get the name at all and you have to ask your seatmate where you are already? That happened to me while I was texting my observations on the train. 

5. On the way to a train station at Sta. Mesa, I came from Teresa street and then I got lost where the entrance. I had to ask several times where the entrance was and it turned out to be through a small pathway passing by barung-barong, and what have you. I told the guard, please tell your boss to put up signs as to where the entrance is. He said, "Hindi ko trabaho yan. Yung mga tao sa loob ang bahala diyan." Talk about commitment to public service and this guard should be booted out to Marawi City. 

6. The views outside are very depressing. The grounds surrounding the stations are dirty, lacking flowering plants, and trees. Then the waiting seats are very sparse. Have you sat on a piece of railroad wood? It's quite a unique experience as you would feel as if you are sitting on a centuries old block of wood. 

7. Well gentlemanliness is not really buzz word here. I saw a lot of men sitting on the silvery chairs and only one or two would offer their seat to an elderly. The station should put up signs that the chairs or benches are for seniors, PWDs, pregnant women, and women with children. 

That's all Folks as my train is coming. See you! I am off to meditate on why the world takes ages to improving the human condition. Or is it only in this train station?

No comments: