Sunday, January 31, 2016

I told an officer of a national agency, I am being harassed in our community. She: What is the name of the harasser?
Me: Ma'am is that possible to know?
She: Why not? Wasn't he in uniform?
Me: You mean to say a harasser would be in uniform and tell me, with his identity intact, that he is going to harass me?
She: Why not?

Actually, she was putting the blame on me for not knowing the identities of the harassers, mind you, not one but a troop, riding motorcycles, on foor, holding a celfone, ordering a tricycle driver not to load me up, etc. 

I was so amazed at the seeming pretense of innocence. 

Me: Ma'am I have been in the non-government movement since 1981, and I know how to act clandestinely, secretly and how (to whizz my way through bureaucratic messes). 

(This is a paraphrase of what I had told her, Folks.)

Your only turf is this agency and until now you don't seem to know how it functions. You seem to act like a babe in the woods. Why so?

And she did not respond anymore. For apparently she was already covering up the misdemeanors of the people that I was referring to. 

How sad! Especially for a woman who has risen to one of the top of the agency. 

No comments: