Friday, July 24, 2015

MAKE KNOWN THE DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS FROM THE GRADES UP AND IN EVERY LEARNING PLACE

I have been searching for the address of the UN Commission on Human Rights in the internet but I am not successful. Why is this so hard to do?

Some info should be very easy to get like the UNCHR. You see Folks, I complained to our own CHR here, when it was still under a former teacher activist about the intrusion into the premises of my residence. Nothing happened. No investigation. The staff just accepted my letter that is all. 

This is why when I read that the official delivered her own report that was against that of the conclusions of the Senate on the Mamasapano report, where 44 Special Forces policemen died,  that was against that of the Senate, I knew that there was something awry in the way she views human rights. She is not philosophically grounded, and that is the biggest mistake of any appointer to that office. 

The Declaration of Human Rights is the prayerbook of every activist. It should be read by everyone. I believe that it should be taught from the grades up to college and beyond. It should be included as a subject in every vocational course also. Every citizen will profit from that because in every situation, the right of every individual is at stake. 

For example, there is a guy who keeps boring a hole in my special clothes which I hung to dry on the clothesline at home and I have thrown away five of them already, newly bought. I think it is one of the guys who live there but I don't have proof. And whenever I accost one, he would say I am off my rocker. But to have 5 pieces with holes, that is virtual sexual abuse. I don't know where that guy got his morals. But I surmise he belongs to the PNP intelligence group assigned in our barangay. (I will give you the names of the two boys that I suspect of being involved in this in private if you ask me.)

I tried complaining to the barangay about the PNP intelligence group assigned to us but the day officer would not accept my complaint and he kept on smiling even. I also wrote a letter to our barangay captain but the complaint stopped at the Lupon Tagapagpaganap. I have also complained to the NAPOLCOM about the loss of my cellfones taken from my bag that the thief had slashed. Nothing. No response. The reply? Death of my son on July 28 last year. I even told the investigator as I had finished writing my complaint on June 5, 2014 -- "Baka kami malagasan niyan sa pagko-complain ko." True enough it happened. 

When I turn on the radio, the engineer in charge of ads inserts those that I have criticised before. Or the DJ plays lousy songs that are not their usual fare. Do you remember that ad about a headache pill -- a man saying "may isang babae na kinamumuhian ng isang lalaki -- ikaw ang palakol" Do you know that the same radio station aired the same ad with the same words but this time it was a woman referring to a man, meaning he was a "palakol" to her headache. 

Folks, some of our media people are corrupt and can be drawn to do anti-human rights acts. This is why I wonder if the Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas makes it imperative for everyone working in the radio-tv stations to know the Declaration of Human Rights and the Code of Ethics for Broadcasters, if there is one. 

Just last week end I went to a branch of Alva's and opened my email. Three times my screen conked out. I wanted to write my blog but I couldn't. This crunch happens more often when there is a big event that will happen in our country. I think that the Alva staff do not know it, I give them the benefit of the doubt, but some users in the same internet shop probably know how to hack the computers. 

So you think Pnoy's administration is hallelujiah? Think again. In the corners of our domestic life there lurk those spies who do prey on critics, very subtly. They are very cruel. 

When PNoy makes his State of the Nation Address, I want him to state his accomplishments on improving the lives of women and also how the police has been adhering to the principles of the Declaration of Human Rights. 

No comments: