Tuesday, December 23, 2014

TRYING TO BE RELEVANT THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON













Despite the pressures of having to observe and/or enjoy Christmas, I am still gluing myself to events happening in our country. We cannot simply close our eyes to what is happening here. And I ask for forgiveness from my son who is now with our Great Creator. Anak, I have to keep on writing because that is one of the ways I can see myself being useful in this world. I cannot shut my mind from analyzing, thinking what solutions we can have to solve our repetitive national problems. So here goes:

1.The NBI raid of the National Bilibid Prisons opened up to me the great creative spirits of the prisoners.They were able to transform the prison into a multi-media center, complete with a recording studio. Minus the negative activities, i think that they were able to contribute the idea that prisoners need not be locked up forever in monotonous routines but rather they could also be made to tickle their creative urges to produce meaningful sounds -- although I have not heard the lyrics clearly, Folks. 

2. The kubol of the NBP should not be destroyed but rather be re-used to be a library -- of books, of educational DVD's, a recording center to record the biographies of inmates for posterity's sake, among others. 

3. Another use of the kubol would be as a therapeutic clinic for those in need of reflexologic massage. Why can''t prisoners enjoy that as well?

4. The jacuzzi should be another health spa for those with ailments. 

5. With regard to which tandem we should support for 2016, I would suggest to the media to reduce the space provided for such news. Look we focussed too much on politics and what happened? A new round of fare increases was once again announced to be implemented 
January 4th. I will just suggest one solution from our end here: Let us have a pooled newspaper headline: FARE HIKES UNFAIR TO SUFFERING RIDING PUBLIC. Don't you think there could be a great response to that when all the papers have that screaming headline?

6. When I heard that a South African woman won a beauty contest title,immediately, the image of a black woman surfaced in my mind. I was wrong. She is white. 

7. As I am writing this, a man has just blown cigarettesmoke inside the kiosk. Addicts with political agenda really are incorrigible. Folks if you live in the western world, I am sure you would not last long over here.

8. A relative of mind has dogs in her house.Then one died. I asked of what?And she said of lung cancer. Then I told her lung cancer is also caused by cigarette smoke. After that, I think she and her husband have stopped smoking. Here, we are being killed by the lazy implementation of no-smoking in public places. Look at the latest news: the Department of Environment and Natural Resources has had its budget reduced. I wonder what items they will cut back on. 

See you again Folks, it's not safe writing here. 

No comments: