Friday, April 16, 2010

Dear Folks, Everytime I post in my blog I am so scared that my thoughts would be interrupted -- like the page suddenly getting lost from the screen, someone tampering with the messages I write down, and my not being able to access my blog at all. The latter particularly happens after I have posted a highly politicized opinion article.

Hence, I think that a really well-developed, democratic and liberated country is one where there is free exchange of ideas, where the State does not meddle into the affairs of the citizens save when some groups are already using arms.

But me? Why pick my blogs for intrusions? This is the very big question in my life. I am just inserting ideas here in my blog and I suffer most of all from not being able to access it right away. It takes ages, sometimes days.

Not only that, I was at Coffee Bean in the heart of Makati yesterday but I could not open my email. Then somebody passed by with a very strong jamming device that he or she was able to turn off my laptop.

You see? Under this administration they have been able to use the most high tech devices to intrude into the privacy of people, the privacy of communication.

So when we change this administration, I hope that the first item in the agenda is to clean up the cyber space so that we can freely communicate with all peoples of the world.

I wrote Barack O. in 2008 about that but it seems the US does not want any form of intervention in Philippine politics.

So we have to do this ourselves.


***
Campaign jeepneys with blaring loudspeakers drive by in front of our homes. One time, one stopped by a corner and the blaring was so irritating that I called up the barangay and told the OIC -- "please don't allow these vehicles to stop by. They are only supposed to drive through and not make any corner or any place a terminal, with their radios blaring non-stop."

In terms of decent campaigning we are still in that primitive stage, where the corrupt class can dictate to the people their way of campaigning to get voted upon.

What we should do also is overhaul the whole system of electoral campaigning starting with making the government pay for the campaign funds of the candidates so that they would not be beholdened to anyone especially after they get their posts.

Also we should make the Comelec answerable for every candidate that they reject and they better be plausible. Then once the Supreme Court accedes to the Comelec decision although a very just protest had been lodged against the rejection, then the Supreme Court should also make public why they agree with the rejection.

I am so shocked to read that the Supreme Court approved hastily the Ang Ladlad party when our own, the Democratic Party of the Philippines was not. Bias, discrimination, favoritism are hallmarks of a corrupt system of implementation of laws. Sad to say but the Supreme Court has sunk to its lowest under this administration.

I wonder highly why some of the justices that gma appointed feel that they owe her a lot and so they accede to all her requests. Don't they believe that their credentials can stand on their own? Walang bilib sa mga sarili nila? Nakakahiya. They make decisions based on what she thinks. And I had always thought that Lady Justice is blindfolded.

Folks, it's time to go to the sea and ponder on the future of our country. That's what I always do, except that Manila Bay is so polluted that I can hardly start meditating without thinking of the degradation of our environment.

Am so glad, so many of our compatriots have the opportunity to go and stay abroad now. You don't have to contend with the nitty-gritty details of how our country's patrimony is being destroyed and the people being turned into robots.

Have a nice day, just the same.

No comments: